B.Com. (Bachelor of Commerce)
BCP01 BACHELOR OF COMMERCE – (B.Com.)
Management of Tourism Business, Advertising & Brand Management & Foreign Trade Management
At B.Com. First Year, the structure is as follows : for entry year 2023-24
(i) Indian Languages (IL)
Advanced Hindi/Advanced Sanskrit
|(Any one, as per the option chosen in semester I)|
(ii) Core Courses (Three) (As prescribed in the syllabus)
(iii) Generic Electives
Open (from a pool of electives)
(iv) Elective (Any one from the list Electives)
(v) NSS /NCC / Sports / Cultural Activities (Any one)
(vi) Career Oriented and Skill Development Programme* (Any one)
(vii) Campus Activities
*lt has to be diûerent from the Elective(s) opted for.
B.Com Pass Course Second / Third Year : for entry year 2022-22 / 2021-22
The structure is as follows:
(i) Foundation Courses
1. Computer Applications
2. Our Environment
1. Information Technology
2. Environmental Conservation
|Semester V||General Studies|
Entrepreneurship and Management
(ii) Electives as opted for in Semester I
(iii) NSS/NCC/Sports/Cultural Activities (Any one-optional)
(iv) Certificate (COSD) (Any one; optional-other than the one opted for and cleared in First Year).
(v) Diploma and Advanced Diploma (COSD) (Any one; optional-subject to clearing the Certificate / Diploma exam at the previous level)
(vi) Campus Activities
List of Electives available at the University:
B. Com programme at IIS University
The three-year Undergraduate B.Com programme at IIS University provides a platform for the students to sharpen their problem-solving, communication, and analytical skills and aid the markets and economy in numerous ways in the field of Commerce. Students of this course imbibe knowledge about accounting principles, finance, economic policies, and laws relevant to trade and business.
The B. Com course grooms the students and gives them the required platform to grow as entrepreneurs or compete for admissions into master’s programmes like M. Com, PGDM, and MBA and Ph.D. Students of B. Com can also opt for CA, CS, ICWA, ACCA, and CMA after or even while undergoing graduation. The knowledge gained through the B. Com Course provides the perfect baseline for enormous opportunities in teaching, banking, UPSC, and other areas.
Course Programme Outcomes
- The students become capable of using modern ways and means of dealing with issues arising in the dynamic business world.
- The students develop competencies to analyse audit and sales reports, synthesize data from business records, a trade-off between risk and returns, draw valid conclusions and support them with evidence.
- The programme instils a sense of inquiry and capability for asking relevant questions related to trading and industry and the ability to recognize, define the problem, analyse, interpret and draw conclusions from data.
- The programme apprises students regarding the regulatory framework and disclosure norms laid down by the SEBI, RBI, ASCI, and other regulatory bodies. It creates awareness of ethical issues and avoids unethical practices such as fabrication, falsification, and misrepresentation of business information.
- The programme cultivates the students with intellectual, personal, interpersonal, and social skills of students necessary for leading management positions.
Eligibility Criteria (Admissions)
Any student who has passed Class XII from any recognised or accredited Board of Education in India or abroad can take admissions in B. Com Course. However, there can be a variation in the eligibility criteria of different Colleges and universities. Nowadays, many Universities grant admissions based on entrance exams conducted by them.
B.Com Subjects And Syllabus
- Knowledge regarding an array of papers related to Accounting and Taxation, Business Studies, and Financial studies is delivered in the Course structure.
- Some of the papers taught are Accounting, Cost Accounting, Business Statistics, Income Tax, Management Accounting, Auditing, Law of Contract, Business laws, Company Law, Business Organization, Business Management, Human Resource Management, Business Communication, Micro Economic Theory, Macro Economic Theory, Banking Law & Practices, Monetary Policy, etc.
B.Com At Iis University
The USP of pursuing B.com @ IIS University is that it provides interdisciplinary electives, i.e., B. Com can be pursued with any of the following electives as per the student’s interest:
- Accounting, Business & Financial Studies
- Computer Applications & Informatics
- Management of Tourism Business
- Advertising & Brand Management
- Foreign Trade Management
- Garment Production and export Management
- Jewellery Designing Technology
- Physical Education
For a detailed syllabus of the same, kindly visit: www.iisuniv.ac.in. After visiting the site, go to Academics, then click on All Departments and visit the respective Department for the same. (or you can click here IIS All Department)
Career Opportunities for a B.COM Graduate from IIS University
- A B.com graduate specialising in accounting, business, and financial studies gain knowledge of accounting software and documentation and can pursue her career as an account assistant across different government and non-government organizations. Students are also hired for the positions of accounts officer, accounts cum data manager, project manager, marketing manager, bank executives, finance officer, sales manager, and marketing manager, to name a few.
- In the world of designing, a student of B. Com with Garment Production and Export management from the IIS University can pursue her career as a production manager, pattern master, designer, export manager, etc.
- After the IT sector, the Tourism industry is a fast-growing domain with ample career opportunities. Keeping this in mind, the IIS University offers a B. Com (Management of Tourism Business) course, wherein the student gains knowledge of various aspects of the tourism industry and can pursue her career in the hospitality sectors – Travel, Hotel, and Aviation. Students train in skills that prove fruitful in various positions like air cabin crew, tour manager, tourism officer, marketing manager, Travel agency manager, conference manager, and passenger transport manager, to name a few.
- B. Com with Physical Education at the IIS University gives students a career in the field of sports wherein they can work in positions like Sports Journalist, Sports Psychologist, Sports Dietician, Fitness Trainer, etc., or even open fitness centres and yoga studios.
- A student pursuing B. Com (Computer Applications and Informatics) can work as a web designer, programmer, CAD Designer, graphic designer, web developer, etc.
- We live in a world of advertising. Throughout the day, we come across many advertisements, which influence our purchase decisions. For this reason, IIS University offers a programme of B. Com (Advertising and Brand Management) helping students imbibe the requisite skills to shape the advertisements correctly and also providing them with knowledge related to various software used in this field. This gives them career opportunities in advertising with job profiles like Copywriters, Brand managers, Advertising managers, product development managers, etc.
- The objective of offering B. Com (Jewellery Designing and Technology) is to create a professional talent pool for the Jewellery industry in India, learning CAD, manufacturing, gemology, manual designing, etc. Such students have career opportunities as jewellery designers, jewellery merchandisers, jewellery CAD designers, Jewellery production managers, etc.
Placements And Salary Packages
- The Placement Cell of the IIS University looks after the overall planning and execution of career guidance and counselling of students providing ample employment opportunities for the graduates and postgraduates of the University.
- It arranges various workshops and expert talks and invites companies of repute to the campus for recruitment. Some recruiters are, Genpact, Ernst & Young, Deutsche Bank, HDFC, ICICI, Indigo, Deloitte, and BMW.
- A fresh B. Com graduate usually gets a package between 4-6 lakhs per annum. However, according to the experience and skills of the students, the salary may vary.