B.A. Hons. (Bachelor of Arts-Honours)
English Literature, Economics, Psychology, Political Science and Mathematics
At BA (Honours) First Year, the structure is as follows: for entry year 2023-24
(i) Indian Languages (IL)
Advanced Hindi/Advanced Sanskrit
(Any one, as per the option chosen in semester I)
(ii) One subject, as Major, from the list of Electives (Honours subjects) and one Subsidiary Subject as permitted with the Elective.
(iii) Generic Electives
Semester I : English Communication
Semester II : Open (from a pool of electives)
(iv) NSS/NCC/Sports/Cultural Activities (Any one)
(v) Career Oriented and Skill Development Programme* (Any one)
(vi) Campus Activities
*lt has to be diûerent from the Major and the Subsidiary subjects opted for.
B.A. Honours Second/Third Year: for entry year 2022-23/2021-22
The structure is as follows:
(i) Foundation Courses
1. Computer Applications
2. Our Environment
1. Information Technology
2. Environmental Conservation
(ii) Electives as opted for in Semester I
(iii) NSS/NCC/Sports/Cultural Activities (Anyone; optional)
(iv) Certificate (COSD) (Any one; optional-other than the one opted for and cleared in First Year).
(v) Diploma and Advanced Diploma (COSD) (Any one; optional-subject to clearing the Certiûcate / Diploma exam at the previous level)
(vi) Campus Activities
*lt has to be different from the Major and the Subsidiary subjects opted for
List of available Subject Combinations:
BA ( Honours): IIS Deemed to be University
Numerous subject options are available in BA (Honours) that include Psychology, Economics, English Literature, and Political Science with a varied subject combination as a subsidiary, to mention a few, Sociology, Mathematics, Statistics, History, Public Administration, etc. Some universities also offer language subjects like French and German.
The minimum qualification for a student is senior school examination certificate from any recognized or accredited board of education in India or abroad.
Having BA(Hons) degree gives you an edge over BA (Pass Course) in the subject you opt for as the major so students can develop an in-depth understanding of the concepts and theories used in the discipline and their application in diverse and practical settings. Choose a University that has well qualified and experienced in various ways to help students achieve their potential.
BA(Hons) is a full-time 3 years degree programme that offers numerous career opportunities and job prospects. After completing the BA (Hons) programme, one is eligible to pursue higher education like MBA, Masters, etc. Additionally, the student can also have subject-specific careers as mentioned below:
- Psychology: Diverse fields to explore includes educational and academic settings (schools, universities, and special schools), clinical settings (hospitals and private settings), human resource management, research and development, scientists, child care, couple, family, career, geriatric counseling to name a few. Furthermore, psychology has a wider scope, internally offering varied disciplines like consumer, counseling, educational, sports, clinical, forensic, health, industrial/organizational, environmental, psychotherapy, neuropsychology, etc.
- English literature: Job prospects include BPO services, marketing, and advertising, content creation, social services, a manuscript handler for publishing houses, PR professional, Literary Journalist, Academician/Linguist, blogger, and columnist, among others.
- Economics: Career prospects include financial analysts, economic consultants, management consultants, commercial bank officers, statistical officers, research analysts, etc.
- Political Science: Job prospects include from a traditional career in civil services to academics, with a wide range of newer options like journalism, law, mass communication, a research analyst in think tanks, public policy making, public policy, political content developers, political content editor on blogs, social media manager, intelligence analyst, legislative assistant, public relations specialist, etc.
BA (Hons) with IISU
B.A. (Hons) is a multifaceted degree course that provides students at IIS (deemed to be University) with exposure to numerous academic activities like workshops, conferences, symposiums, seminars, guest lectures, and field visits, helping them excel in their chosen areas. Many of our Honours programmes offer a full-fledged research project in the final semester, wherein they experience the nitty-gritty of research. This aspect helps our budding researcher explore the vast career opportunities in major/minor research projects offered by Government and other premium research organizations at the national and international levels. Moreover, we train them to question and solve the challenges they come across with the experience and knowledge gained during their course of study at IIS (deemed to be University).
The B.A. (Hons) degree at IIS (deemed to be University) focuses on preparing students to become world-ready citizens, equipped to take on professional and social challenges with an educated and empowered mind.