Bachelor of Library and Information Science (BLIS)
The aim of this newly introduced one year co-educational degree course is to impart training and skills necessary for knowledge organization including the effective organization and management of libraries/information centers and building capacities to provide a variety of information services by leveraging information technologies.
The course structure is as follows:
- Library, Information and Society
- Organizing and Managing Information: Classification (Theory)
- Information Sources, Systems and Services
- ICT Fundamentals
- Document Processing: Classification Practice
1.Management of Library and Information Centre
- Organizing and Managing Information: Cataloguing (Theory)
- ICT in Libraries
- Document Processing: Cataloguing Practice
5.ICT in Libraries (Practical)
- Communication Skills
The students who pass out from this programme may take up employment in libraries, documentation centers and information centers/institutions, corporate and industrial libraries, libraries of research institutes. They may also take up further studies in Library and Information Science and in related or multidisciplinary areas.