1. Only those girl students who are admitted to IIS (deemed to be University) will be eligible for admission to the hostel.
2. The admission of a student to the hostel will be provisional, subject to the satisfactory report of her medical examination, which will be arranged by the University.
3. Ragging in the hostel premises is prohibited. Any inmate involved in ragging is liable to be expelled from the hostel/university.
4. The admission of a student to a hostel can be cancelled if she is found guilty of:
- Suppression or misrepresentation of any fact about her.
- Violation of any of the hostel rules, including non-payment of dues.
- An act of indiscipline in or outside the hostel.
- Not putting up required percentage of attendance in class or not showing good performance.
- Misbehavior, using abusive language, manhandling of hostel employees/inmates.
- Sharing room with others without the permission of the Warden.
- Possessing/taking drugs, liquor and other intoxicants.
- Suffering from such physical/mental ailments which could cause disturbance/infection to other inmates.
5. Hostelers will be responsible for the safety of their personal belongings and articles issued to them. They are advised not to keep any precious article/cash in their rooms. They may instead be deposited with the Bank or Post Office for safe keeping.
6. Hostelers are advised not to lend or borrow money, jewellery, etc. The university will not be responsible for any loss or damage of the same.
7. No personal electrical gadget like a heater, tape recorder, iron, etc can be used in the hostel rooms.
8. Hostel employees are not allowed to do personal work of the inmates.
9. Complaints against hostel staff, if any, should be made to the Chancellor in writing.
10. Hostel Gates will be locked by 7:00 p.m. Check in time for the students is 6:30 p.m.
11. Outings: Local outings with the Warden’s permission are allowed, as follows, for bonafide reasons.The permitted time is to be strictly adhered to. Non compliance of the permitted time shall result in cancellation of the subsequent weekly/monthly outings. The administration can exercise its discretionary rights to cancel the outings of any candidate without assigning any reason.
- Weekly outings : Once a week for an hour.
- Monthly outings : On Sunday once a month for six hours.
12. Gate passes for weekly and monthly outings will be issued after 4:00 p.m. on all days.
13. Visiting hours are between 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. Local guardians and parents are allowed to visit their ward on producing a visit authorization card on the specified days.
14. The rooms are triple seated. Use of table lamps is recommended after 10:00 p.m. to avoid inconvenience to other roommates.
15. Entry of males/boys, friends and day scholars in the hostel is strictly prohibited.
16. Cooking food in the rooms is not allowed.
17. Meals will be served in the Dining Hall at fixed hours.
18. Lunch to the inmates of other two hostels shall be served in the Mess of Aanchal Hostel only on production of their ID cards.
19. Cooked food from outside the hostel is not permitted.
20. It is mandatory for every inmate to be present for the roll call made every day by the warden at 8:00 a.m. in the morning and 7:00 p.m. in the evening.
21. The warden and other authorities have the discretion to inspect any room, at any time.
22. A case of illness must be immediately reported to the resident warden.
23. No vehicle of any type is allowed to be kept by the inmates.
24. Students are required to stay in their assigned rooms after 10:00 p.m.
25. Students must obtain a “No Dues Certificate” before vacating the hostel at the end of the session. They will have to vacate their rooms within 48 hours of the end of the II / IV / VI semester-end-examinations.
26. Any subsequent change in the particulars given by the candidate in the hostel application form should be immediately reported to the office.
27. Market outings for hostelers having subjects- GPEM/TC/Home Science/BVA are subject to approval by the Registrar- Dr. Raakhi Gupta and Chief Hostel Warden-Dr. Ila Joshi.
28. No student will be allowed to go for stay at a Local Guardian’s house, except in emergencies.
29. Written permission/fax (original followed by post)/ e-mail from parents is required to reach the university office well in time for an outstation leave of the hosteler.
30. Any extension in leave should be informed, before the completion of the granted leaves by parents to the warden through fax or e-mail.
31. The institution does not encourage extended leaves, which affect the academic performance. Care must be taken by the parents of the wards for the same.
32. In case of an outstation leave, hostelers are required to report back on the scheduled date; failing which, they will be fined and a warning letter will be issued to them with a copy to their parents.
33. To ensure safe arrival of the wards, both while leaving and arriving at the hostel, the following points are to be essentially taken care by the parents.
34. All incoming letters/correspondence addressed to the student will be delivered only after due scrutiny.
35. No student will be allowed to go out to take private tuitions.